Intro Picture

Intro Picture
Hi! My name is Anne. Welcome to my traveling blog! Read the latest stories below or check out the list of previous stories in the blog archive on the right!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The arrival

Well, I've finally started my journey!
After an 8-hour flight I arrived at the Pearson International Airport in Toronto, fixed up my visa and proceeded outside, stepping into Canada for the first time ever. Quite overwhelming!
I started looking for the shuttle bus toward the hotel I had booked for the night, but save for one other person nobody else was waiting for that particular bus, and it took forever to show up.
I got to talking with the woman who was waiting for the same bus, and a slightly angry call to the hotel later, the bus finally showed up about an hour late. At this point, we had discussed what I was up to, and a proposition was made: she could take me along to her house, as she wasn't actually staying at the hotel.
That way I was out of Toronto right off the bat, which it seems pretty much impossible to hitchhike out of, and about halfway to Niagara Falls. So I took her up on her offer, and I have spent the night at her and her husband's house.

We've spent the entire day driving through town getting me stuff I needed, all on her own initiative, which was really awesome and helpful.
She turned out to own a gunstore with her husband, and one thing leaded toward the next. So in the afternoon, I found myself at the local gunrange in Watersford firing a .22 pistol and a .357 revolver under her guidance!
It was a really great experience, and I did pretty well too actually! Here are some of the pictures she took of me.











 
After that we went to a coastal town in the vicinity where I met her daughter and we had a bite to eat.
I'm going to spend another night here before moving on tomorrow toward the Niagara Falls, after we visit a winery in the morning. I'm looking forward to it, and I hope my luck will keep up!
I don't expect I will be able to make another post on here before I have left here, so I just want to say I'm really grateful for the awesome hospitality that has been provided to me. It really has been an amazing experience so far.

1 comment:

  1. Woot! Awesome man! Glad I found your blog, can't wait to read all your adventures. Keep up the good work, keep journaling, have tons of fun man, I love you, looks like your off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete